MyKn

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Clan

+3
Mk1995x
Arfalax
Duke Nukem
7 posters

The reign of Valkor.

Eviln00b
    Eviln00b

The reign of Valkor. - Page 4 Empty Re: The reign of Valkor.

Post  Eviln00b Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Olion sprinted in bounds, deep into the woodlands with whomever would be swift enough to follow him. Cloak billowing behind, the man's sprinting was indistinguishable, from fear or from dedication, none could tell. He continued to run westwards, for about three miles deep into the woodlands. Eventually, he reached a small hill with a rock atop it, stopping behind the rock and panting heavily. He lifted his head, peering at all whom had followed him.
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Vehnorl, finally noticing that Olion has stoped his trek, collapses to the ground, exhausted from the long run (Miles and short legs, not a good combo I believe), wheezing and panting, it takes Vehnorl a couple minutes to get back on his feet, Vehnorl then looks at Olion "Well Olion sir, ah'l take yer haltin as'th order tae stop, wot next?"
    Eviln00b
    Eviln00b

Post  Eviln00b Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:58 pm

He nodded at the former bartender, peering into the night woodland with a scowl. "We're about two miles from our destination. Should be a man there who can help us. We wait for any stragglers and then move along. We'll need to be quick; the Vampyre are likely hot on our trail." He continued panting, a thin layer of sweat covering his tanned skin and the clanking of the chainmail beneath his tunic accompanying the heavy breathfalls.
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Garris looks at Olion as he gasps for air in the cool damp night.

Garris manages to say in a dry voice "Where are we heading?"
    X_expert
    X_expert

Post  X_expert Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Curtis slows to a stop, and sits crossed legged, he doesn't seem to be out of breath, and has a cold look om his face. He looks around at the others who could keep up. "Anyone have something spare to drink?"
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Vehnorl sits down on the ground, hearing that there is two miles still to go... "Ahh, are yeh kiddin meh sir?... We've runned o'bout five miles already!... Might Ah suggest fer us tae set up camp fer a hour or two?... Could beh all'th dammed vampires or Valkor roight'ere in these dammed woods, weh still need some time tae rest."
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Garris says "i dont think we have time to rest. They are likly on our tail by now!"

"I say we look Olion for guidance. Obviously the Commander saw something in him. He must have chosen him for a reason. What shall we do Olion?"
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Vehnorl sighs and looks at Garris "We best 'ope that we get rest at our location, aye?"
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 pm

"Olion where are we going? The commander didn't tell anyone else but you. Can you tell us please?" he says in a desperate tone
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Vehnorl reaches up high and with difficulty pats Garris's back.
    "Laddy, weh best keep lookin out fer them vamps... Ah'm sure tha we'll get our answer soon enough.. Tha's if yeh count runnin two miles to a place weh dun know o'bout'n perhapes be ambushed by them flilthy (blood suckers if these vampires consume blood, if not vampires), an'way, et'll be a bumpy'n excitin ride, aye?, aye?... IN'th meantime le's see if anyone's got some ale wif them, tae spare... Doubt much'd have brought ale and it'd be a price tae be treasured an'way... But le's do our best tae mooch some, aye?"
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 pm

"I've never liked drinking. I find it to making people do thinks they regret later. And in a battle against inhuman creatures I would like to be at my best. Even if my best is not very good I will take any advantage i can get!"

Garris turns to Olion again waiting for him to respond to his question
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Vehnorl coughs and gags as Garris say's he is not one for drinking "Bah laddy, yeh dun know 'ow many lads like yeh ah've converted tae nice and spiffy normal ale consumers like'th rest'o us nice'n normal folk, save them from a life'o queerness, during meh job as'th bartender fer a place called, 'th Ale Donkey, our sign wos a donkey carrying a vety large keg'o ale.. Ahh, loved it there..."
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 pm

"Well ale does not have the same effect on humans as it does on dwarfs like your self *that is if your a dwarf*. I've seen husbands sell their wife's and children into slavery just for a few gold coins for some more ale." Garris says angerly as the man tries to convince him to drink. "I will never take a drink of ale in my life time. I've seen it tear families apart in my village and make men go to crime to pay for their addiction or even gambling for money."
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Vehnorl sits down, sensing that this talk might last a while "Weh dun gamble fer cash fer ale... We gamble fer'th fun'o it'n the cash, dun go blamin everythin on ale... As fer slavery, the wommin could'a been a shrew, nastys ah've heard... Meh, this'n that, jes... Jes dun blame ale..."
    Eviln00b
    Eviln00b

Post  Eviln00b Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Olion turned to Garris, the scowl still etching into his features, "We head to Frostspire, hopefully a town in which will be still there by the time we reach it." Reaching to his waist, he unclipped a small flask and tossed it to Curtis.

"As for all of us, we wait a few more moments for any that have straggled; then we sprint as fast as our legs can carry us to the city. There is little time to waste!" He barked, heaving his heavy chest and panting a bit more.
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm

"So men selling their wives and children to pay for ale is alright?! And I hate to say but men don't handle ale as well as other species. We tend to get addicted quickly which is why i hate ale."
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Hearing Olion, Vehnorl stands up "Ey sir!, are weh gonna be guardin'th town, or are weh gonna do somthin special and go somewhere else?... Ah'd think that jus o'bout everyones 'ere by now. 'n also laddy, those men'd 'av done them things fer some other hobby too.. Kan't blame ale, yeh jus kan't... Infact it solves most'o yer dammed problems!"
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:58 pm

He salutes Olion and gathers his equipment up. Garris takes out a flask of water and takes a long drink from it.

Garris looks back the way they came from and says "I think we are the only ones who made it out. We should run for it while we are still ahead. Don't want to be cornered aye?"

*anyone left behind will have to come now or wander threw the forest to find their way :)*
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Even while gathering his stuff, Vehnorl continues the chat "Well... Laddy, once we get to this town weh beh headin tae, we'll look fer a tavern or so... Then yeh can get drink or two'n then, finally tell me... If yeh think ale is good or bad."
    Eviln00b
    Eviln00b

Post  Eviln00b Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm

"Guarding it or moving forth, I don't know. Come now, we march!" He bellowed, turning to the rest of the soldiers that had followed him, swinging his arm in a beckoning motion and sprinting into the forest, sword in hand.
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Garris follows his new commander into the forest keeping his sword in hand just in case he is ambushed.
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Vehnorl, finishing his double checking on all his gear, takes his Warhammer in his hands, and starts running and follow's Olion, ending his conversation with Garris aswell "Sorry laddy, weh'll continue our chat'o bout'th divine drink lata"
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Garris flashes the little man a mean look and runs ahead of him right next to Olion.
    Cows say moo
    Cows say moo

Post  Cows say moo Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Vehnorl slaps his face as he had forgotten something and with difficulty, runs up to Garris and Olion "Acch... Ah forgot tae tell yeh meh name lad!... Ah'm Vehnorl, Vehnorl Duerlel, 'ope ta see yeh alive" then Vehnorl falls back to the back end, where he doesn't have to struggle to keep up
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem

Post  Duke Nukem Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Garris keeps his stride along side Olion following him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:48 pm